Why am I not receiving text messages on my Note 4?

A

AC Question

I am not receiving text messages on my Note 4..

i am unable to receive text messages. Can not figure out why for the life of me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I am not receiving text messages on my Note 4..

If you were in an iPhone before, they're going to iMessage, not to your phone. (iMessage and "text" [SMS] are totally different things.) You'll have to disconnect the iPhone from iMessage (either search the web - there are many different ways of doing it, depending on whether you have other i-devices - or go to a Genius bar and they'll do it for you). Then everyone who used to text you from an iPhone has to send you at least one text marked as being SMS, so their phone knows not to send you an iMessage (which your phone can't handle, since Apple won't let anyone use their protocol).

If not, bring the phone into your carrier. If voice works, text should work. Technically they're sort of the same thing.

thaley1

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
You can deregister your phone number from your apple ID somewhere on apple.com. just Google it, it did the trick for me. however, I am still having messages deleting, even from people with other Android phones. Check to see that you ATT messaging backup is turned off...mine is currently on, but I read I another thread that it has helped solve the issue for people. I will turn mine odd and see if it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae