Why can't my alarm sound when I have it on mute since lollipop update?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd be annoyed if I set my phone to mute and an alarm went off. Maybe there's an alarm app that uses the media channel, so you can mute notifications and still get alarms.

Jephunneh

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything suggested to get my alarm to work while on mute. The sound has to be turned on, not muted. In parenthesis underneath Sound it will say(Priority). I tried the alarm again, it sounded. Called my phone, it didn't make a sound.

Som Khanal

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I solved this as follows:
1. Tap "Setting" > "Sound and notifications">"Interruptions">"When calls and notification arrive". Then select "Only allow priority interruptions".
2. Now come back to "interruptions" and under "priority interruptions' select "Events and reminders" . Remove tick from rest of all.
3. Come back to "Sound and notifications", Scroll down and tap "Application notifications". Scroll down to find "Clock" and tap it. Set "Priority" and "Sensitive" 'ON'.

I hope this works.

Som Khanal

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I solved this as follows:
1. Tap "Setting" > "Sound and notifications">"Interruptions">"When calls and notification arrive". Then select "Only allow priority interruptions".
2. Now come back to "interruptions" and under "priority interruptions' select "Events and reminders" . Remove tick from rest of all.
3. Come back to "Sound and notifications", Scroll down and tap "Application notifications". Scroll down to find "Clock" and tap it. Set "Priority" and "Sensitive" 'ON'.

I hope this works.