touch screen problems lg g3

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having trouble with my lg g3 the touch is not responding properly and also the screen is being pressed by itself and is unusable. The right side has been affected more. It took me a long time to write this i have to use the voice to write this.
As i was writing this it posted by itself before i could finish.
I thought it was mx player because i was having issues where it was pausing and playing by itself so i uninstalled the app but now youtube does the same all video players do the same.
I really don't want to do a factory reset if i don't have to does anybody have any solutions for me.

hanndan

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Tigerchilly,

I've been having exactly the same problems has been driving me crazy!!
Have just done a factory reset. Most of the screen is now not working. I'm going to send it back to LG for repair or replacement, but I'd rather not as I am currently abroad.

Dead spot down the right, and now middle of the screen, has rendered it unusable now.!!!!

Any feedback as to if or how you got the problem fixed?

am thinking of changing phones, but love the camera so am trying to do that as a last resort.

thanks

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Tigerchilly,

I've been having exactly the same problems has been driving me crazy!!
Have just done a factory reset. Most of the screen is now not working. I'm going to send it back to LG for repair or replacement, but I'd rather not as I am currently abroad.

Dead spot down the right, and now middle of the screen, has rendered it unusable now.!!!!

Any feedback as to if or how you got the problem fixed?

am thinking of changing phones, but love the camera so am trying to do that as a last resort.

thanks

HEY HANNDAN

DO NOT SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR AS MINE CAME BACK WITH ALL SAME FAULTS PLUS THEY UPGRADED IT TO ANDROID LOLLIPOP AND ITS NOT GREAT.
WILL BE CANCELING MY CONTRACT FIRST THING.
Nokia lumia 930 is what im getting now very reliable.
I will.miss my lg g3 though..still got my nexus 7 for android stuff.
LG REPAIR TECHNICIANS ARE HORRIBLE PPL WHO JUST GO INTO WORK TO DO A 8 HOUR SHIFT AND GET THEIR PAYCHECK..
I TOLD THEM EXACTLY WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY PHONE .
ALL THEY DID WAS WRITE SOFTWARE ISSUES ON THE REPORT..ITS CLEARLY A FAULT WITH THE DIGITIZER..AND HE SAID IM THE TECHNICIAN NOT YOU.
**** LG AND **** THREE UK.
HOPE THIS HELPS.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Lol - you can't catch a break. That's LG in the UK then. Three I know about too well. I guess LG only hire people who cannot spell LG.
I may get a Nokia to replace my 2nd phone. Good luck!

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Lol - you can't catch a break. That's LG in the UK then. Three I know about too well. I guess LG only hire people who cannot spell LG.
I may get a Nokia to replace my 2nd phone. Good luck!

Thanks ...I'm thinking of getting Nokia 930...what are the latest offerings from Microsoft?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of a 730/5 or a 535 but the 930 seems top notch as a main phone.
I forget what price I saw the lower end ones in CPH, but the 930 is good at around £320 outright on Amazon, and I like this site,
http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co.uk/phones/Nokia-Lumia-930.aspx
but adjusted for data and higher up front cost to lower the monthly. Deals come and go so it varies month to month. I'm sure you have your own preferences. I could live with minimal apps, provided most of the essential ones are available. Definitely like to try one outside a store.

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of a 730/5 or a 535 but the 930 seems top notch as a main phone.
I forget what price I saw the lower end ones in CPH, but the 930 is good at around £320 outright on Amazon, and I like this site,
http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co.uk/phones/Nokia-Lumia-930.aspx
but adjusted for data and higher up front cost to lower the monthly. Deals come and go so it varies month to month. I'm sure you have your own preferences. I could live with minimal apps, provided most of the essential ones are available. Definitely like to try one outside a store.

The ones that you mentioned are very good ,decent phones

Jeffrey Watts

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
This just happened to me. LG is being less than responsible. and Verizon suggested that they offer a phone swap, send you a refurbished one for my broken one. Has anyone done this?

getting desperate here anyone have any ideas?

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Dont do it!
Get a new one of them.
It's the least they can do.
They should be ashamed of themselves for making devices that dont last for 2 years.
Keep fighting

Last edited:

Unilize

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
On my LG G3 I have this issue where it randomly click and hold random parts of the screen, sometimes lock it and sometimes some parts of the screen is not responsive (always at the right side of the screen around the letter K and the erase key on the keyboard and a bit further up the display)

What makes stuff spaz, get clicked and held seems to be while applying pressure at the part where the LG logo is just underneath the soft keys (the menu button, home button and the back button). Even the slightest touch around that area makes the phone go haywire.

Adam Smyth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Did anyone have any luck with fixes? I've just found the same problem in the bottom right of my screen. Swype is now useless as it breaks up my words as if I'm adding a space and when I want an 'm' or '.' it presses all the buttons around it.
I've done many reboots and now just done a factory reset and the problem isn't fixed. With scanning through my apps I've worked out it is all up the right side of the screen and then a 1/3 across the bottom from the right - Down the red line and then across to the Chrome icon.
QuickMemo+_2015-06-26-16-40-04~2.jpg

Unilize

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Did anyone have any luck with fixes? I've just found the same problem in the bottom right of my screen. Swype is now useless as it breaks up my words as if I'm adding a space and when I want an 'm' or '.' it presses all the buttons around it.
I've done many reboots and now just done a factory reset and the problem isn't fixed. With scanning through my apps I've worked out it is all up the right side of the screen and then a 1/3 across the bottom from the right - Down the red line and then across to the Chrome icon.
View attachment 183708

That area where the logo is contains the cable that connects the digitizer (what handles and processes touch input) to the phone's motherboard, so to speak. It sounds like your cable is either loose or malfunctioning.

See this picture below for reference:

View attachment 183388

What xocomaox says is the smartest thing to do at this situation is to go to your carrier and explain the issue that you have to get a replacement. He also says that you should rather go to the carrier to get a replacement than sending your G3 to LG to get a repair as you will not have your device for quite a while if you send it to LG.

The user, xocomaox, has helped me A LOT to find out more about the issue with the digitizer and also what to do about it.

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you want some more information about this issue I can put up a link to my thread where xocomaox helps me out.

Hi,
View attachment 183708

Just to let you guys know, I got my replacement from Verizon over the weekend and have already sent my old one back. The replacement is great (they claim it's certified like-new, but honestly it looks MINT. I do not see any scratches or marks on it whatsoever. I believe it is open-box new) and works perfectly, so I see that a few are failing and that cable or board seems to be the culprit. Especially since it's losing input on such a precise area of the screen. What you guys are describing is exactly what I was experiencing, only a different area of the screen. (mine has a 1cm band across the exact middle of the phone from left to right that would not register touches)

If you did not buy your phone through your carrier, you can submit a claim on LG's website for the phone and they will email you a shipping label for your phone to send it back. They can repair it for you, but it takes some time. People I have spoken with said it can take 2 weeks or longer to get your repaired phone back.

If your warranty has already expired, you might want to consider repairing the screen/digitizer yourself, as the screen piece comes off quite easily. You can probably take it off and unplug,. plug back in to see if it helps. If not, buying an entirely new assembly with the LCD screen and digitizer already glued together is the most highly recommended option. This is due to the meticulous and difficult task of both separating and gluing the screen back onto the digitizer without compromising either. If you do not have professional equipment to do this, I strongly suggest you spend the extra money and buy the whole assembly together. This is the difference between $20 and $80 but it is worth the piece of mind, believe me.

Also, please be aware that places are selling non-OEM screens with the digitizer attached that are sub-par quality. Always try to get an OEM screen. It will be at least $70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18