How can I make my phone answer with a Modem Sound when I get solicitors?

cander2

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
answer phone with modem sound

Every days I receive several calls from spoofed numbers wanting to sell me credit cards, ect. ect. I would like an app to answer phone, when I launch app make a modem sound maybe the computer will tag my number and quit calling.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: answer phone with modem sound

Great idea for an app, but I don't think I've ever heard of one. Maybe someone will read your post and write one. I'd install it.

I'd love one for my home phone too. You just won a free vacation, did you know that? :) (I guess the scams are different on different sides of the ocean.) And FBI statistics show that a home is broken into every 5 minutes. And (my favorite) "This is <name varies> from the shipping department. ..." I hang up by that point, so I don't know what fabulous things he wants to ship me for free.

@Jong:
That's a blacklist/whitelist app (although I do like the automatic FTC reporting but - and this is a secret - they never do anything with the reports), but I think cander wants an app you can run when the phone rings so you don't have to have entered the number into a list first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11