How do I move videos from My Files to my actual videos app?

A

AC Question

How i I move videos from My Files to my actual videos app

I downloaded the smart switch app on my galaxy s5 and it saved my videos form my iphone to the My Files app. I want to send someone a video but it doesnt let me. How can I move all of the videos from the My Files to the actual video app the phone comes with? I tried and it only lets me move things within the app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How i I move videos from My Files to my actual videos app

Files aren't saved to an app, they're saved to a folder. They're found with a file manager app like My Files. They don't get moved to an app either, they get moved to another folder. Apps find files, files don't get put into apps.

Long-press the video. You'll get a "share" icon (2 sides of a triangle with dots). Share it with your email app. Send the email.

Note - if the video is larger than about 25MB, you can't email it, since that's the limit for most email providers. You'll have to upload it to your cloud account or to a file sharing site and email or text the person a link to the file. (If it's smaller than 1MB, you can send it in a text - that will also be one of the sharing choices.)