Black Screen on my Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

I bought a galaxy s5 on Feb.4,2015....have been having problems with the screen going black...have to pull the battery to get it to come back...(sometimes)... i called Samsung and they said they don't do refunds...but i could send the phone to them so a technician can fix it...said they would have my phone for 11 days!!! I asked if they would give me a loner phone until my issue was resolved and they don't do loner phones....I am so disappointed with it all!! as much as i paid for the phone and not even offered a loner phone until i get my galaxy back...B.S.!!!!! I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone!!! I would like a refund for it...but not gonna happen...so i am stuck with it! I have googled the problem and see that alot of others have the same problem.....i see no one else was offered a new phone or a refund either.... what kind of high end company does this??? SAMSUNG...that's who!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When the screen goes black, is the phone completely shutting down? Do any lights stay on, like the LED notification light?

Have you noticed any bizarre battery behavior--like abnormally fast discharging or charging? Batteries can be defective, so it may be worth trying a new or different battery.

It's also possible that an app you installed might be causing instability. Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem. Steps for Safe Mode are at the bottom of this link: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Where did you buy your S5? Most wireless stores have a 2 week exchange or return window. You're right at 2 weeks, but it's still worth bringing the phone back to the store and asking for a replacement. Of course, if you bought it from an online retailer, then you're probably out of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463