How to normalize back from cyanogenmod? please do help I am a noob

A

AC Question

While experimenting with my note 10.1 I almost bricked it and miraculously updated to CyamogenMod 10.2 now I want to upgrade on to kitkat but dont know how to do tha

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SamMobile Firmwares. Put the tab's model number in the search box and click the magnifying glass. Find your carrier/country, and a 4.4.2 or 4.4.4 file, download the file to a PC. (You'll need to create a free account to download.) Download Odin to a PC and install it. If you haven't installed the SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones, do it. Unzip the file you downloaded from SamMobile, into the folder Odin installed to.

Run Odin as administrator (right click on it). Put the tab into Odin mode (Volume Down+Power from an off state, I think, for Samsung tabs). Plug it into the PC. After a few seconds you should see a COMx (where x is some number) appearing in Odin.

Click each button (PIT, AP, BL, etc.) and load the appropriate file (the APxxx file into AP, the BLxxx file into BL, etc. There will/may be only one PIT file.

Start Odin (the Start button). Sit back and wait. It should install with no problems, restart the tab, and you'll be in KitKat.

(Be sure to back up EVERYTHING first - flashing a ROM gives you an out-of-the-box phone. All files you created on the phone are gone. (Remove the SD card while you're running Odin, just to be safe.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781