My alcatel fierce one touch W/ 32 gb sd card will not download any apps it says insufficient space.

A

AC Question

I bought a 32 GB sd card and when I try to download an app it says insufficient space, it shows 29. something GB free in storage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Insufficient internal space. Downloads go to internal storage, even if you say to store them on the card. They download to /sdcard/Download, then get moved to the card. So you have to have sufficient internal space for the download. (sdcard is the internal "card", the external one is usually called extSDcard or something similar.)

Jay Belfiore

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
so everything downloads to the internal memory. How do i move my apps to the sd card. I have tried going through settings and there should be a button where you can force stop an app to send the app to sd card. On my phone it does not exsist. Also the file manager is not seeing the apps.

Dave Stadnick

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
OK. Thanks for the help. My wife has the same problem. So, as I understand it, download always goes to internal memory. If you use it all up, then you can't download even if there is free space on the SD card?

Then to solve the problem - the first step is to free up internal memory. The second step is a little hazy - will downloaded apps then get automatically moved from internal memory to the SD card? Or do we need to do something - move manually, or change a setting, for example?

Last - and just to confirm - to free up internal memory - you need to plug the phone into a USB port on your PC and copy files from internal to SD memory.

Comments please and confirm that this all makes sense. Thanks everyone for your help.

Beasterday

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
OK. Thanks for the help. My wife has the same problem. So, as I understand it, download always goes to internal memory. If you use it all up, then you can't download even if there is free space on the SD card?

Then to solve the problem - the first step is to free up internal memory. The second step is a little hazy - will downloaded apps then get automatically moved from internal memory to the SD card? Or do we need to do something - move manually, or change a setting, for example?

Last - and just to confirm - to free up internal memory - you need to plug the phone into a USB port on your PC and copy files from internal to SD memory.

Comments please and confirm that this all makes sense. Thanks everyone for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca