Why cant I add an APN (new data connection) to my Samsung Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G900F with lollipop.

I've followed the steps to add a new APN. However, when I press the new data connection icon (the "+" symbol), nothing happens. No new screen appears to enter the APN information.

Anyone know why the new data connection icon will not work?

Thanks,
Adrian

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some carriers disable that function. Unlocking the SIM lock doesn't do anything else, it just lets you put a SIM from another carrier in the phone. You still have the old carrier's firmware in it.

ac11ca

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, but how do I get my data to work then? I called my carrier, H2O, and they keep trying to give me APN information and do not believe me when I say that the add new APN connection button doesnt work.

Patrick Hans Tan

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I was using it earlier. But after I woke up. I notice that my phone is not receiving any data from the network. Tried changing the APNs by downloading new APN settings from the carrier Im using.. I also tried putting another sim card just to know if the problem is really my phone. Apparently it didn't work. So I decided to delete the APn and create a new one. But it made the problem worse. Now I couldn't add an APN. Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez