Why is my messaging app on my new Galaxy S4 freezing?

A

AC Question

Messaging app on new Galaxy S4 freezing

Hello,
I have transferred my old text messages (and imessages) from my iphone to the Galaxy s4. It was very fast to transfer them, but after it seemed like the s4 had to reorganize them all and that took like two hours. Once that was done, the app started freezing. I can open the app, see my contacts, open a contact, send and receive a messages from a contact, but when I use the return button or the back button at the top to go back to my contact list, it won't go back and freezes (it won't respond and asks me to wait or close the app). I have done as many updates as I can, I have also cleared the cache and rebooted the phone twice, but I still have that "going back" issue in the messaing app. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Messaging app on new Galaxy S4 freezing

Welcome to Android Central! How did you transfer the text messages? How many were there? If the Messaging app has a huge number of texts stored, it might slow things down. You may want to consider archiving your texts using an app like SMS Backup & Restore, and then deleting most or all of them from the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol