Why isn't my HP Slate 7 voice tab charging after KitKat update?

A

AC Question

My hp slate 7 voice tab not charging after kitkat update

After the kitkat update of hp slate 7 voice tab it is not at all charging. Even i put charge for 2 or 3 hours it wont get charged more than 20 30 %

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My hp slate 7 voice tab not charging after kitkat update

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in the video in this link (starting at around 3:15), but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

How to reset your HP Slate Voicetab 6 \ or Slate 7 \ 8 \ ... - HP Support Forum - 3758868

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My hp slate 7 voice tab not charging after kitkat update

If it's fully discharged (which you should never do - 40% is the lowest you should let it drop), the first couple of hours is a VERY slow charge. Then it starts to really charge. 3 hours from 0 to 30% isn't too bad. (As far as time is concerned - the battery is probably in pretty bad shape, though.) Leave it plugged in overnight.

Considering that it's 2 years old, if you've regularly been discharging the battery until the tab told you to charge it, the battery is at least 12 months late in failing. (IOW, you've gotten a 12 month free ride - it shouldn't have lasted more than 6 months, really.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol