Why doesn't my camera work?

A

AC Question

Why doesent my camera work

When im trying to open my camera it just says "Cant connect to camera" earlier it said "gallery closed" when i tried to open the camera then i updated the system and now it says "cant connect to camera" How to fix this? (Lenovo idea tab)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why doesent my camera work

Welcome to Android Central! Some other app that has camera permission might be causing a conflict. Do you have a flashlight app installed? Those apps can control the camera, since the LED flash is part of the camera. Uninstall any flashlight app you might have.

How did you update the system? Was it an over-the-air official system update from Lenovo?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why doesent my camera work

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.