My sim card on phone gets knocked of by the car. How can I fix this as I can't access GPS etc?

cossie123

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
My sim card on phone gets knocked of by the car. How can I fix this as I can't access GPS etc

I have a vw Passat UHV Premium. When the car kit connects it knocks of my phone so that I have emergency calls only. I want to connect my GPS and also play music from my phone through the sterio system

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My sim card on phone gets knocked of by the car. How can I fix this as I can't access GPS etc

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of car kit do you have? Is it a direct connection, or a Bluetooth connection? It's an odd problem--I've never encountered something like that on these forums.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My sim card on phone gets knocked of by the car. How can I fix this as I can't access GPS etc

The car shouldn't have its own SIM card. It should just be connecting to the phone for Phone Audio, and maybe Media Audio (if it can stream music over Bluetooth). Have you talked to VW about this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

And you don't need a SIM in the phone at all to use GPS or play music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11