How do I STOP all new 5.x Android updating from happening?

A

AC Question

Trying to STOP all new 5.x android updating from happening!

Hi, I have successfully wiped and reloaded 4.4.4 android on my Nexus 7. However, once I was setting it up again, the ****** system update downloaded itself again and NOW the very top thing in my notification dropdown is touch to install, which i do NOT under any circumstances want to do. As soon as I saw it was downloaded i went to the playstore and disabled auto updates but the file has already downloaded itself. \

I want to get RID of that download and this notification. I do NOT want to inadvertently reinstall the 5.x update as it turned my tablet into a paperweight. Is there some way to stop this heinous update from haunting me in the dropdown and make sure it doesnt ever come back?!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trying to STOP all new 5.x android updating from happening!

Root the phone. Freeze the Update app. (The Android update doesn't come from the Play Store, so turning off Play Store updates won' turn off Android updates.)

Look in your Download folder and delete the files in there. The update file, if it download and didn't run, is in there. (You could copy it to your computer first, to see if anyone on XDA is looking for that update [probably 5.0] for the N7. The file normally deletes itself after it updates, so it has to be captured for people who can't get it over the air.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol