What are the best app for battery saving?

Deshiandroid

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
What are the best app for battery

I want to save the battery life of my Samsung Galaxy S5. So I am looking for best battery saving apps. What are the best Battery saving apps?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are the best app for battery

Not using any - they all use battery, they don't save it. the biggest mistake is apps that "clean RAM". They claim to save battery, but they actually cause the phone to use more power. They'd work fine for Windows, but Android is just about the opposite of Windows.

Greenify keeps apps from running when you don't run them. Velis Auto Brightness does a batter job of controlling the screen brightness (which is a big battery consumer) that Android does. Keeping things you're not using (wifi, Bluetooth, mobile data, GPS) turned off saves some battery. Wakelock Detector (see Wakelock detector with non-rooted phone if the phone isn't rooted) will tell you what's waking the phone up - when you're not using it, it should be sleeping. Turning off wifi scanning when wifi is on saves battery. A weak signal, wifi, voice or data, will eat a lot of battery, so if you're in an area where you won't be getting a signal, put the phone in airplane mode. (If you can get 2G [voice/text], but not 3G or 4G, turn off mobile data.)

Conditioning the battery before use (fully charge it with the phone turned off, then leave it on the charger for an hour, then don't charge it again until the phone tells you to - repeat twice more) and never letting the battery drop below 40% charge, are the best ways to keep the battery running as long as possible. (I have a few over-10-year-old lithium batteries that are still giving me about 95% capacity). Discharging the battery very low, regularly, is the best way to need a new one in 6 months.