Can't receive Video MMS, but pictures come through fine?

A

AC Question

My wife has a Droid Turbo and no matter what we do she can't receive video MMS messages. Any text in the message comes through like a normal text, but the video never shows up.

Picture messages work just fine and have never been a problem. It should also be noted that she had this same problem on her last phone, a Razr M, and I also had a Razr M but the videos worked just fine for me, both on the same account on Verizon.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Who's sending the videos? Are you sure the videos don't exceed the filesize limit for MMS? The limit is pretty small--around 1.2 MB. Most videos longer than a few seconds will be much bigger than 1.2 MB, so it's possible the videos just aren't being sent due to that limitation.

kojimep

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Videos have tried to be sent from multiple people. Both of her sisters have tried. One time her sister sent a video to my wife and my self, both on the same verizon account, both of us had Razr M's, video came through to me, but not to her. Now with the Droid Turbo her younger sister sent a video but it did not come through to her. Last night I tried a short test video, 543 kb, still did not work.

Edit* Sorry for the name change, not sure why the OP does not show my username.

kojimep

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Update, still not solver, I was able to send the video FROM the droid turbo to my note 4 by increasing the mms size limit to 1.2 mb, however when I try to send the same video back TO the droid turbo it just shows up as a text message without the video, video size 542 kb...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui