How do I get video files to play from my SD Card?

A

AC Question

Video files will not play from my SD Card

I apologize if this has been covered, and I couldn't find the thread.

I bought a Tab S 8.4 in December to replace my Tab 2. My main purpose for it is watching movies. I put my old sd card from my other tablet in and it worked fine. But recently I wanted to change the movies on it. So I loaded a new card up and inserted it, but it wont play or recognize half the files on the card. If it does play them it stutters and lags audio behind the picture, then eventually freezes. Ive tried VLC, MX, and the Stock player but none of this will cure my issue.

Please, will someone tell me if this is an update problem. The player will recognize the old card but not the new. The old card is also locked now, so I cant change anything on it. Ive formatted the cards and even factory reset the tab. I thought it was just mine, But now my wifes Tab is doing the same thing. Both have Android 4.4.2 on them.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Video files will not play from my SD Card

I'm surprised that you haven't seen a message saying, "You are no longer able to write to this drive." In the 4.4.2 update they have taken away the ability to write to SD cards. I know it's stupid right, but they have. There is a site where you can go and add your name to a complaint about this. When it happened to me I factory reset my device and got the ability back and won't do the update again until this issue is fixed. If you've tried the factory reset tho I'm not sure what advice to give you. My tab reverted to the OS out of the box.

Maybe this thread will help you; http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...itkat-issue-can-t-write-external-sd-card.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2