How can I scan for exploits in my phones system?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device do you have? Chances are if there is a root method its already been found. Check over at XDA Developers. If they don't have a root method for your device they can guide you on how to get started looking for that exploit. XDA is more about rooting, ROMs and the technical side of devices than you are likely to find here. Not that AC doesn't have an excellent tech community, I'd just say that more hardcore devs reside there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like to scan my system for exploits so I can root
Why do you think it takes experts 6 months or more to find an exploit? Because it's something simple enough to explain on a forum?

If you've never compiled Linux from source, you're about 5 years from being close to being able to find exploits. (Towel Root, for example, caused Linux to crash and come back rooted. Geohot had to read the source code [millions of lines] to find that little bug.) There's no app or method for finding an exploit, you just have to learn the particular version of Linux, the particular version of Android and the particular manufacturer's modifications to it for that model - better than you know your own name. (After 42 years of writing code, and using Linux from the day it was first released [downloaded onto floppies from a dial-up bulletin board], I still wouldn't be interested in spending months trying to find an exploit. But some systems I wrote decades ago used as much code as all of Linux just as their operating systems, so large amounts of code don't bother me. Months of drudgery do, and that's what it takes to find an exploit.)

@VidJunky:
I don't think he's asking for a root method to download and use - he wants to find out how to root his phone on his own - by looking at the code and finding an exploit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital