I want to un update my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 back to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, how do I do this?

A

AC Question

I want to "un" update my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 back to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

(My tablet model is T311) Someone please help me do this. I accidentally clicked on the "update" button because the message popped up out of nowhere and I was mad. I know 4.4.4 runs terribly because I have tried it out for a few days and it was slow and laggy. Other users who have my tablet also have the same issues and problems as well. It's also the exact same version as 4.2.2 but with a slightly different interface and that is a waste of my system memory. Please give me instructions on how to "un" update back to 4.2.2; I am not happy with this update. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I want to "un" update my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 back to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

The big difference in 4.4.4 is that the Heartbleed bug is fixed in 4.4.4. That's a major security update. Try clearing the cache (Settings, in Storage). If that doesn't work, do a factory reset. (You'll lose all your apps and data, but you'll do that going back to 4.2.2 anyway.)

To "go back" to 4.2.2, you have to flash the 4.2.2 ROM for that tab. (An update doesn't add to the end of a ROM, it replaces parts [or all] of a ROM.) Go to SamMobile Firmwares, put t311 into the search box, click the magnifying glass and find the ROM for your country/carrier. Click that line. The instructions are on the next page, along with a download button and a link to download Odin. (You'll have to create a free account to download the file.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan