SD card problem

Jenny Eldershaw

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Have a top quality 32gb SD card in my gs4, loaded with 20gb music and loads of pics. It works perfectly. I have added about 5gb of books which are all epub format and the whole card has just stopped working. I cannot access anything on the card, and the phone struggles too. Took the music off, [have Spotify now] but it still wouldn't work, so I removed the card, formatted it, put the music and pics back.....and its perfect again! The books work on Calibre on my desktop and in the tiny batches of 6 or 7 I copy to my e-reader app on the phone, so why can't I just store them on the card?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that when you copy the ePub files over singly, or in small batches, it works ok? In some cases, copying a huge amount of data over at once can lead to file corruption--I don't know why, but I've seen it happen.

Jenny Eldershaw

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. Don't fancy copying 5GB books in small batches! Luckily have found an App, (Calibre Companion) which connects calibre and my phone wirelessly and allow transfer of large batches of books at a time. 200 in one go so far and they are working.
Looking back on it, copying many gigs of music has locked up devices ion the past. Seems like most likely reason.
Thanks.