Why is my LG G2 disabling wifi with no manual interaction?

A

AC Question

LG G2 disabling wifi with no manual interaction

My Verizon LG G2 is disabling my WiFi without my knowledge.

"Internet unavailable", "WiFi signal weak" and "battery saving for WiFi" options under Advanced WiFi are all unchecked.

I will pick up the phone and the WiFi will be disabled and I cant figure out why.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 disabling wifi with no manual interaction

Welcome to Android Central! When you say the wi-fi is disabled, do you mean that the wi-fi radio was actually switched off on its own? Or that the radio is on, but it lost the connection? Does this happen with all wi-fi networks, or just your home one?

Review this guide and see if this tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

ritz001

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply!

Sadly no, it is not a disconnect. The WiFi is completely disabled, the radio is off. It seems to happen once or twice a month.

Last edited:

ritz001

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

It is as if someone, unbeknownst to me, grabbed the phone and manually turned the WiFi radio off. When I finally realize it is off I turn it back on in the phone settings. No reboot required.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does it ever turn off when you're actively using the web, or only when the phone is idle? Are there any overall power saving settings for the phone that might be affecting it? I know you already turned off the specific wi-fi battery saving setting.

ritz001

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I don't have any battery related apps on the phone and I couldn't find any other settings that would pertain to turning off the radio. I have not seen it actively turn off while I was using it. Full disclosure, it is my wife's phone that is having the issue. I have the exact same phone, with the same Android version and I have never experienced this on my phone. She may or may not even notice if WiFi turned off while she was using it.

ritz001

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I have found out this weekend that the WiFi radio is intermittently turned off after a reboot of the phone. I have not been able to identify any any other common scenarios to troubleshoot any further.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not really sure what's going on, sorry. At least it isn't turning off in the middle of active use. I imagine the phone is no longer under warranty, so it's probably not worth sending it in for diagnosis and repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair