How do I stop my HTC One from getting Google Play Recommendation App pop ups on my screen?

A

AC Question

I have an HTC One that once a day at least, has a Google Play Recommendation App pop up on my screen

When this Google Play Recommendation pops up, it is usually the first thing in the morning, the first time I wake my phone up and swipe the unlock. Once I do that, the phone pops up some sort of app recommendation, such as clash of clans or some other popular game out there,. I do not have any junk apps on my phone, and I have run multiple virus scans. As well as when the ad pops up, I have double tapped the home button to see what apps are running in the background and there is nothing out of place. Is this a function of the phone software? HTC says it is not. does anyone else have this issue, and how do you stop it? its quite frustrating. thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have an HTC One that once a day at least, has a Google Play Recommendation App pop up on my sc

Welcome to Android Central! It's probably adware, associated with some other app you installed. Adware can still be present with what might be considered legitimate apps, since it's not technically malware (although it should be considered a PUP--a Potentially Unwanted Program). See what happens if you boot into Safe Mode--if the popups go away, then it's some app you installed. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10853

The next time you see the popup, take a screenshot and show us. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

shef8

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same problem for about 2 weeks now. This official HTC looking screen popped up once saying that they would like to give app recommendations based on what I use. I cancelled that request at the beginning until I one time thought, ok I will see what this is like. Now I can't get rid of it, it pops up first thing in the morning and sometimes once more during the day...

I have a screenshot but I'm not quite sure how to post it here.

I have called HTC, with no luck. I am quite sure it was something official that came with one of the updates...

I reset app preferences, but that hasn't helped either...

This is really annoying

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463