How do I recover the backup pin for my LG G3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Backup pin for my LG G3

I have an issue on my LG G3 that all the sudden ask me to key in the backup pin which I have totally no ideas what number is that? I have done nothing on causing the phone to lock up, I used this phone mostly on shoot picture, no sim was insert and what I did recently was only upgraded it to Lollipop from kit kat.
pls get me an solution on this stupid issue I'm facing off right now.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Backup pin for my LG G3

Welcome to Android Central.

If not prompted to use your Google account to unlock the phone, after several wrong PIN entries, try resetting your PIN via Android Device Manager on a PC or laptop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tabea Sara

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi there

I have a very similar problem with my LG G3 and I'm in desperate need for help.

I was in a foreign country for two days and had the airplane mode turned on. So no mobile data or Wifi enabled. On the second day, after charging the phone, it asked me to either enter my backup PIN or log in with my Google Account. I don't know how this happened, since I did not touch the phone while it was charging. I suppose something touched the display and the phone "thought" someone kept using the wrong code.
Now, I use the knock code as well, but my phone has never asked me to set up a backup PIN. Logging in with my Google account didn't work either since I was not connected to a network. Even now that I'm back in my country, I'm unable to connect my phone to the internet since these settings are only available when the phone is unlocked.
(By the way, I succesfully turned the airplane mode off with the power button, but this did not help).

I have already tried replacing the lock screen with Android Device Manager which didn't work either. :'(

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Naveed, Thanks for stopping by!

The only way to do this is to sign into Android Device Manager, by Web Browser, and lock your phone with a different lock code/pin. If you have not setup ADM, then you will not be able to access your phone, unless you do a full factory reset.

Valentina_0901

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same problem. My friends were messing around trying to disable my phone and it asks for the backup pin or my email and password. I type in my email and password which is supposed to unlock it too but it just rejects it. Same thing with the pin. I can't do a factory reset I tried the Android device manager and it says "since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed.". Is there ANY way to find the backup pin???

Last edited:

tmac12345

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have an issue on my LG G3 that all the sudden ask me to key in the backup pin which I have totally no ideas what number is that? I have done nothing on causing the phone to lock up, I used this phone mostly on shoot picture, no sim was insert and what I did recently was only upgraded it to Lollipop from kit kat.
pls get me an solution on this stupid issue I'm facing off right now.

How do you do factory reset on a lg phone or backup pin number

Last edited by a moderator:

bhebheko

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
please help me how can i get my back up pin with my LG g3 as i cannot open my phone if i cannot fix this. Also they asked my google account and i deleted my account already. What am i going to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
please help me how can i get my back up pin with my LG g3 as i cannot open my phone if i cannot fix this. Also they asked my google account and i deleted my account already. What am i going to do?

Welcome to Android Central! I highly doubt you completely deleted your entire Google account from the Google servers. Try to recovery your account here: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How do you do factory reset on a lg phone or backup pin number

Welcome to Android Central! If you do a factory reset, and the phone is relatively recent, you'll still need to enter your Google account information after the reset is complete--this is Google's Factory Reset Protection feature. Do you remember your Google username and password?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem. My friends were messing around trying to disable my phone and it asks for the backup pin or my email and password. I type in my email and password which is supposed to unlock it too but it just rejects it. Same thing with the pin. I can't do a factory reset I tried the Android device manager and it says "since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed.". Is there ANY way to find the backup pin???

Welcome to Android Central! First, get new friends, after you get them to compensate you for the trouble you're going through.

Next, it's asking you for your Google username and password, correct? Do those credentials work when you try to log into Google on a PC? If so, then make sure 2-step authentication is turned off temporarily while you're trying to log into the phone.

Also, did you change your Google password around this time? If so, then you have to wait 72 hours before you can try logging into the phone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.