Why does my wifi keep crashing when connecting two phones?

A

AC Question

My wifi keeps crashing when connecting two phones

Hello,
I have a Coolpad F1 for some time now and I recently bought another one for my girlfriend. Both have AOSP_V4_KK_laek.17_with_v3_kernel and they just refuse to be connected to the same wifi network. Whenever I connect them both to the same network the wifi starts crashing within a few seconds. I've tried two different routers, neither have any special configurations. Both phones work perfectly when alone.
Be glad to get any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem and what I can do to solve it.
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My wifi keeps crashing when connecting two phones

Welcome to Android Central! When you connect either one to the network, go to Settings>About Phone>Status, and see what the wi-fi IP address is. Are they the same? If they are, then when you connect both, they will conflict. Log into your router's settings using the computer browser (see your router's manual for instructions how), and make sure the IP address range (DHCP range) is big enough to accommodate your devices. You can make it big enough to accommodate 255 devices, if you want (e.g., 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255). Just make sure it's not a narrow range, because then it might run out of available addresses.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My wifi keeps crashing when connecting two phones

Also make sure that the devices aren't set for a static IP address. If they're both set for a static address, and it's the same one, you'll get what you're getting. (Go to Wifi, long-press the connection, press Show advanced options, and scroll down. IP Settings should be set to DHCP.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781