Is my HTC Desire 816 broken?

A

AC Question

So recently I've bought the 816 and I am impressed by it, although there is one major problem.
As you probably know its made out of full plastic body and you would expect pieces squeaking especially when you **Removed by Moderator** your phone with tasks and you heat it up.
But my phone squeaks A LOT. When I reach for it in the morning after waking up it squeaks, when I press buttons it squeaks, when I play games and apply GENTLE pressure on the back it squeaks. I searched the entire internet and no one has the same problems. Only one review said it has squeaky problems and once they got the white version the squeaky sounds stopped. I have the "metallic" grey coloured one, the one featured in all the reviews and the sounds coming from the plastic are intense.I know every phone sometimes produces sounds, but this sounds worse than Chinese cheap trash. And no one is mentioning the flaws of plastic squeaks so its just me.
Do you have the same problem?
Do you have HTC 816?
Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you contacted HTC regarding this? It could be a manufacturing defect, which is known to happen from time-to-time considering the number of units manufacturers put out.