How do I insert photos into email on a Note 4?

A

AC Question

inseting photos into email on a note 4

I recently purchased a Note 4 and I need to know IF there is anyway to insert photo's into emails instead of them being attachments only?
PLEASE help I know that on iOS you can embed or insert into emails.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: inseting photos into email on a note 4

You must use an email client that supports composing in HTML format. I don't know if the email app included with your Note 4 does or not.

If it does support HTML and you have it enabled in the settings, common behavior is something like this (your Note may be somewhat different):

When writing a new email or a reply in HTML, there should be a little photo icon in the toolbar of the text editor. A long-press on that will likely cause a pop-up saying 'Insert a picture'. A tap on it will open a file chooser to select a photo. Your Note's user manual should cover this.

If your email app does not support composing in HTML there are several good choices in the Play store that do. My favorite is AquaMail.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Don't! If the person receiving the email is using an email app that doesn't support HTML, he'll see a block of nonsense text instead of a picture (at best). Never send any HTML (or anything other than plain text) email to anyone without first ascertaining that they can read what you're sending them. (Some email programs that can't decode HTML simply don't show it, so your recipient will get a blank line where the picture is supposed to be. A few will actually lock up and/or crash on embedded HTML.)

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Rukbat, I hear what you're saying. For many years I was vehemently anti-html. I used Mutt for email and that was that. In principal, I still am. I still think HTML email is an evil, possibly malware-carrying pest.

But I've reluctantly, kicking and screaming, had to admit that HTML email just ain't gonna go away. It's 2015 and all but the most basic email clients, while maybe not capable of composing in HTML, they are capable of reading HTML. Because the friggin' stuff is everywhere. Just guessing, but I'd say 70-80% or more of the email we get is HTML now.

And yes, we finally had to start sending HTML. Guilty as charged. For my business it became a requirement that all offices include a company logo in signatures. For my wife's business she just wanted to include her logo because she liked the professional look it gave her correspondence. So...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks