My LG G2 touch screen is malfunctioning after update, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Lg g2 screen touch malfuctioning after update

my problems began after I did an upgrade from D80210B to D80210D using the LG PC Suite.
after the upgrade was done, the touch screen got very erratic and I every place I've touched wasn't the right place (it acted like it wasn't calibrated)
I've tried to flash the stock ROM again using LG Flash Tool 2014 but failed I can't enter recovery mode, even after trying like 30 times. one more thing I've noticed is that the device doesn't recognize any SIM card I out in it,, I couldn't even operate it on a basic level and the touch was erratic. I somehow got to the factory restore in the option but this is not working. I am kind of new to android and been using iPhone like 5-6 years. I know about the concepts which r basically same but now I am helpless. any help would be appreciated. thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lg g2 screen touch malfuctioning after update

First try Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache.

But when you say Factory Reset is not working, what do you mean? How far do you get before you encounter difficulties?

Posted via the Android Central App

SoDamnScrewedup

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am stuck with the same problem.. He cant factory restore means that when he somehow manage to reach the factory reset option and tap, NOTHING HAPPENS! lol..
It happened with me that I bought this LG G2 D802 32GB, while I very much liked the layout of G3 firmware.. I wanted to have that firmware in my G2.. so I searched and found a custom ROM, CloudyG3 (KitKat), that was compatible with G2.. I rooted, and Flashed it into my G2.. Everything was fine but there was a small area on display where touch wont register.. Dont know for the life of me what could have happened to the touch... Seems to me like either the software had a bug, or installing a new ROM might have damaged a few little pieces of hardware... Then I tried to full wipe in recovery mode for the first time in life, hoping that it may fix the issue.. Silly me wiped everything, including system.. Lol.. and I even had USB debugging disabled in Developer option.. It meant I cannot flash the custom ROM in download mode...but the device was rooted, I should have use USB OTG to install back the ROM but... Silly me tried to do it the worse way, and accidentally installed 16 GB ROM.. Let go how I did this... But I got doomed... touch became so erratic... now I am trying to clear the mess... Lol, dont know whats gonna happen to it next.. Help me, somebody, before I do the worse of worse...

Tahir Awan1

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Same problem happened to me, After i got this problem i installed many custom roms but no success, Same problem.
I even change my Lg g2 D802 Touch panel and unit , No Success.

If anyone have any solution to this problem , kindly let me know too :(

Amarrk

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Guys, anyone found solution. I'm also facing the same problem.
Touch Screen, No IMEI and Storage space reduced.

Tired installing all the official ROM's, still it's not working. LG Service center not even touching the phone, worst customer care.

patil kalpesh

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
those guys are facing touch misbehave imei null,unknown baseband ,partations appear on windown,now downloadmode,can msg me on my whatsapp no (number removed) i will solve this issue through teamviewer.

(edited to remove personal number/information)

Last edited by a moderator: