Why doesn't my unlocked Verizon HTC One get group text messages?

A

AC Question

Unlocked verizon htc one issues!

I got my htc one m7 unlocked from verizon to tmobile and i am pissed of due to 2 many issues. 1. i can not change the apn settings. I get the freaking E with the arrow which is absolute garbage data, takes like 3 minutes to open a google search. And 2. I can NOT receive any group txts or any pictures. When i do, it asks me to download them but it says generic download failure or something along those lines. Can someone please help me! This issue is frustrating me.
HTC6500LVW
ANDROID 4.4.3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlocked verizon htc one issues!

The Verizon version of the phone supports 4G on 750MHz. TMobile uses 1700/2100MHz for 4G. So the phone's not compatible with high speed data on TMobile, all you can get is EDGE (which is slow). And if you can't change the APN to TMobile's APN (or add one), you'll have to set your text app to send individual texts to groups (the default is to send each person a link to a file that they download via MMS - which you can't do, because MMS requires a valid APN). Same for pictures.

Bottom line - while Verizon can set the phone to not reject a TMobile SIM (unlock it), they can't make it work on TMobile's data network because it doesn't have the frequencies TMobile uses.