Why do I have Colored snow on my screen?

A

AC Question

Colored snow on screen

Hello, I'm hoping you could help me please. I replaced the digitizer/lcd on my att z998 and it now has multi-colored snow when i turn it on. The 1st digitizer/lcd i purchased the screen worked fine but while i was taking it back apart to put the screws i had forgotten in I got interrupted & when my husband came home he thought it was the old one, took it off and it got damaged. Since I didn't do anything different when I installed the 1st one vs the 2nd i'm wondering if it's the digitizer/lcd itself and not something I did or didn't do?
Thank you, any help is appreciated as at this rate I may end up bald.
Shars

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Colored snow on screen

Really hard to say if the digitizer/lcd is bad or not. I would check the ribbon cable that comes from the digitizer/lcd going to the motherboard for secure connection. Also check that the latch is secure it place. Short of checking your connection it will be hard to determine if the lcd or motherboard is bad, without trying a replacement motherboard or replacement digitizer/lcd. You may try a local repair shop in your area.

Let us know how this turns out and what you do. Don't pull all of it out (the hair).

emeraldhaven13

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I finally found a local repair shop that worked on these phones and it was a bad lcd/digitizer. I'm a little less gray after the ordeal which my husband says can't be bad at all since I call it my 'husband hair'.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01