How to remote access my tablet using a pc?

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 7 tablet, with a broken screen (the touchscreen is broken, I can still use the tablet by using a micro usb to usb adaptor and a mouse)

I am trying to back everything up, especially the app data from my apps.
Yes usb debugging is allowed. No it is not rooted.

My problem is that to back-up everything (using e.g. helium) requires the tablet to be plugged into the pc AND allow permissions/allow RSA Key usb debugging on the tablet! T_T

Which I cannot do as it is plugged in to the pc, and I cannot connect the mouse to it

The few tablet to pc screenshares/remote access that I tried also needed to be briefly plugged in to the pc AND allow the usb debugging pop-up to be okayed.

I feel like this is going round in circles!

Please help?

Leila

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if you can install AirDroid on your Nexus 7. You should be able to control the tablet from the computer--but I'm not sure if there are any necessary steps that would be impossible for you due to the damage to the tablet.

LeilaThorns

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Airdroid doesn't show my tablet screen from what I remember (I did try it before)

thank you for your suggestion :)

If it was just a case of getting my photos/books/videos etc off, then it would work fine (which is what I used it for). But I wanted to back-up (or copy) the data for my games. Helium seemed to be the best app for getting them off an non-rooted phone, but when the tablet is plugged into my tablet, I get a pop-up asking me to OK the connection....which is why I wanted a screenshare/remote access thingy, so that I could click yes on it from/through my pc! XD

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital