Why isn't my USB working with my Nexus 7 2012?

A

AC Question

Nexus 7 2012 USB does not work

Hello friends, my Nexus 7 2017 won't charge the battery wile is on, just if it is of will charge. And if I connect my Nexus 7 to my PC using the USB cable, the PC never detect it. What is wrong with my Nexus 7 2012? Do I have to replace the USB connector? Do I have to replace the Mother Board? I used several USB cables and Chargers.

Thank you for your advise.

fsalgadoi

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 2012 USB does not work

Thank you! Yes, I did test on other computers and the result is the same. So I'm suspicious of the USB connector but I'm not sure if there is another reason for this. May be the mother board is damaged? Any other suggestion?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The best thing to hope for is that it's just the USB port that's damaged, which can certainly happen. All you can do at this point is get that part replaced, and see if it works again.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yep... there's only three things to do at this point:

1) try plugging into a different device (which you did)
2) try using a different USB cable (which you did)
3) Replace the USB port

I know that I've seen a few things around that seem to indicate that the USB port is a common point of failure for the Nexus 7 2012... I just recently replaced the battery on mine and many of the posts about replacing the battery often include a mention that they replaced the USB port along with it.

Now.... I haven't replaced the port myself, but the Nexus 7 2012 isn't that hard to work on... the back comes off easy and when i was in there, everything looked like you can to get at it without major headaches. Good news is that there should be TONS of videos and tutorials showing you exactly how to do it.... it is a popular tablet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance