Android Lollipop upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S5 causes voice command calls not to work?

A

AC Question

Upgraded to Lollipop 5.0 last night using Samsung Kies 3 app. Big mistake. ad to hard restart, reinstall apps. Now when I tell my phone to "Call _____" I get an error message, "Sorry, the action you tried to preform requires Device State and Content, which is not available on this device"

I read a thread, went to App manager> Google App and cleared the Google App cache and also cleared the data - no luck.

I then clicked "uninstall updates" on the same screen (nothing to lose). Then it worked, but as expected the new voice features to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, and flashlight don't work. I can live with that until Google sends down a bug fix.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There likely isn't a way to fix it until Samsung fixes the bug in a future release. In the meantime, I would suggest a factory reset and see if that helps with the problem(s) you are having. Be sure to backup your data before hand and sync any accounts currently logged into the device, such as your Google account.

Jonasu58

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Anyone find a fix for this? I have tired resetting. removing the google apps and keyboard. still cannot get the voice txt to work when typing out a SMS message or email. :':)':)':)':)'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1