How to uninstall SuperUser on a semi rooted Galaxy S3?

A

AC Question

So 2 years ago, I have attempted to root my S3 (4.3). I've installed Clockwork mod and installed SuperUser. I thought I was rooted. Then I booted up my S3 and KNOX have restricted revoked SuperUser's access to system files. Now, I basically have SuperUser installed, and my phone is still not rooted.

What I really want now is to remove SuperUser, and install 4.4. My S3 keeps on saying the system has been modified, and cannot install the new software.

Help!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So 2 years ago, I have attempted to root my S3 (4.3). I've installed Clockwork mod and installed SuperUser. I thought I was rooted. Then I booted up my S3 and KNOX have restricted revoked SuperUser's access to system files. Now, I basically have SuperUser installed, and my phone is still not rooted.

What I really want now is to remove SuperUser, and install 4.4. My S3 keeps on saying the system has been modified, and cannot install the new software.

Help!!!
Removing SuperUser on it's own may not allow you to update. There might have been other system level files changed or altered during the process that will still deny the update from being installed. What you need to do is install the factory image (either 4.3) or find the most current update available and install that through Odin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke