can sprint galaxy s4 become straight talk instead

A

AC Question

Wanting to switch service from sprint to straight talk. I have Samsung Galaxy S4 from sprint. The phone has no service on it it's a nonworking phone. I'd like instead for it to work through straight talk not sprint. Is the phone compatible? Do I need to unlock it since it has no service on it? How can I make this happen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say the phone has no service, do you know if the previous Sprint contract was settled? If not, then Sprint may have blacklisted the phone, which means it can no longer be used as a phone on any network. Check out this page: Phone Information

Jackie Bautista

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I was for several days with straight talk over the phone I check their website BYOP.com which it let me know my phone was compatible. I purchase a kit with the network. My phone had to be in services in order to transfer to straight talk. I wasn't done with my contract which I paid the termination fee after I move to straight talk. Well, they told me my phone was not compatible with straight talk cause It was using a sim card I tried to explain to so many people from straight talk that my phone uses CDMA, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS, AND AUTOMATIC. It didn't matter they said it's not compatible which makes no sense when they have Samsung S4 available SO If anyone knows another way around please let me know.

Thank you,
Jackie b