Samsung S4 Active water test --- now speaker is muffled

A

AC Question

I decided to test to water resistant ability of my phone so I filled my sink with water and left it there for a few seconds (I know its rated for up to 30 minutes but I did not have the courage to let it sit for that long). The only issue I have is that the back speaker is muffled now-- is this to be expected? Usually how long should it take before it gets back to normal? The other concern I have is that when I removed the rear cover I noticed that there was some water present outside the rubber seal area but no water entered past the rubber seal. Is this normal ? Or should the inside remaincompletely dry?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! From page 12 of the S4 Active manual:

"Despite this classification, your device is not impervious to water damage in any situation. It is important that all compartments are closed tightly."

Water resistance is very different from waterproof.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, waterproof phones (the last one, as far as I can recall, was a Nextel) are guaranteed against water damage. No current phone is. Just having a stream of water from the tap falling 12" onto the phone can cause enough pressure to cause leaks.

Putting the phone into 2 water-tight baggies makes any phone waterproof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy