Why is the new Lollipop 5.0 update absolutely awful?

A

AC Question

I would first like to start out by saying that I have always been an avid proponent of Android based products. However, after the new Lollipop 5.0 update, I am so completely disappointed in every way! I woke up this morning to an automatic update LATE because my alarm did not go off. Then I come to find out that the alarm will no longer function in silent mode because that is the way this update is "intended to function". Then I notice that none of my notifications are displaying properly on my lock screen no my start up bar. To then learn that my LED indicator no longer functions properly unless you set priority settings for each application. This is absolutely absurd! In order to have your phone function properly as it did one day ago, you have to go through all of these loop holes to try to even get it set the way you need it. And after all that the alarm will still not function in silent mode after years of utilizing it in this way. I am in complete shock of how un-user friendly the new update is and it is almost making me want to jump on the I-phone bandwagon. I hope the creators of the Lollipop 5.0 update read all of the issues this update is causing and make some modifications. Bottom line, I am not impressed and want to go back to the former version.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks as if LolliFlop was designed by the Marketing department - "make it pretty and it'll sell even if it doesn't work". I don't even think it's pretty. Which is why I'm still on 4.4.4, and I'm going to stay there until they get the bugs out of 5 (if they ever do).

BTW, some phones can be "downdated" to KitKat.