Major problems with my Galaxy S5

Corey Somers

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey there! I really love my galaxy in many aspects but lately, since the lollipop update particularly, I've been experiencing problems with my phone. Here's some information in case someone can use it to help me: My phone's model number is SM-G900V on Android version 5.0 and My service provider is Verizon.
So here are a few of my problems:
1. My main problem that is making me really frustrated is that I am not receiving text messages sometimes. I'm not sure why but my phone simply won't recieve some of them. There doesn't seem to be a pattern but one of my friends texts me and it won't go through. She even sent me a screen shot of it sent on her iPhone. Is it because of the update? Please help with this one in particular.
2. Sometimes my phone will close out apps randomly. Even if I'm not using the app and notification will come right in the middle of the screen saying that a particular app closed out. It gets annoying.
3. Laggy sometimes as well. I have actually had to restart my phone before because it lagged out. If I scroll across the screen it might freeze for a quarter second then go back to normal. Why?
4. ADS ADS ADS. I have no idea where these ads are coming from sometimes! It will say "we recommend" with some random app and I won't even be in an app. I could be on the home screen or in my contacts or anywhere else. I haven't noticed if it's when my Internet is on.
5. Last but not least, emodicons. I have seen others with their galaxy S 4 or 5 have emojis next to their contacts and for whatever reason they are no longer able to do so and neither am i. Is this because samsung decided to not allow it anymore? I would like to be able to put an emoji next to my contacts.

Thanks to anyone who will help! If I can't find a solution to most of these I might switch to the Iphone so convince me to stay, Samsung!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For general issues, try wiping the cache partition, which can be helpful after major system updates, and which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404.

Did the ads only start right after the update? Or did they start after installing some app from Google Play Store? Are they popup ads when you're browsing, or even when you're just on your homescreen? Can you show us a screenshot of an ad? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. Ads shouldn't be showing up as a consequence of a system update.

chris newsom1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
My wife's S5 is having a lot of the same pronlems. Additionally the overheating of the battery is a dangerous issue. When we called Verizon they said it should be replaced immediately at a Verizon store.
Today at the Verizon store they blamed the issues on the kit Kat update and wouldn't replace the phone. Now they're gonna "keep it to examine it". This is bullsh##t!! Anyone else?? FYI, phone is 6 months old.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kathy2

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have a shared plan with my husband and daughter and I am not receiving texts from them. But, if they screen shot the text and send it to me I can read it.
Apps also close/quit quite often on the phone
Is there a fix for this?