I got in a bicycle accident and cracked up my phone. It still rings if someone calls me and I still get various notification sounds. I have pictures and other stuff that I do not have backed up anywhere else. I can't establish a link to my computer without first inputting my password. The way I input my password is to swipe a pattern on the screen. I have tried swiping the pattern in, but there is no haptic feedback, so I think bot the touch sensor is busted and the display. Basically I want to access the phone's drive through a computer, knowing the password, but unable to input it in the traditional way.
    Thanks for any help you can provide me.
    03-09-2015 01:30 AM
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you had an accident and this happened to your phone. I know how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately, having a secure lockscreen means just that: secure. So unless you actually unlock your device, you can't access the information in it. But there are a few things you can try.

First, there's this. https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en That should let you reset your pattern lock and unlock your device.

If that doesn't work, can you see what's on your screen? If so, you could use an OTG USB connector and plug in a mouse to act as your finger for touch input.

If you can't see your screen, things get a bit trickier. You can see the contents of your screen on a TV using an MHL cable, but since the MHL cable uses up the USB port, you can't connect an USB mouse to your phone, you'd have to use a Bluetooth one. And for this to work, since you can't pair new devices without touching the screen, this would need to be a mouse you've previously paired with your phone.

If all else fails, the best course of action is to go to a service center and have them 'lend you' a screen. They can connect a temporary one and that should allow you to unlock your device and back your data up. Then you can decide if it's worth repairing or just getting a new phone.

Let us know how it went.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-09-2015 10:39 AM
    Good tips. Here's another link to check out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-09-2015 10:59 AM