Internet pop-up (Virus?) while browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Please help! I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 and the last 2 or 3 days I've had this Internet Explorer page pop up from **website removed**. The page looks like a screen shot of a Facebook page. It says I've been selected for a Special deal and has a ticker counting down the time before the deal ends. I can't make it stop popping up. I never click on anything but just close the page out. I checked Facebook and there is no page for this site. My virus protection keeps saying I'm safe but I don't think I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Will Dodd

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This just started happening on my Note 4. I do recall downloading MP3 downloader a few weeks back. I have not noticed any behavior becoming more aggressive though. This started about 3 days ago too!

I just turned off DT_Ignite which is a bloatware app that automatically installs new apps without permission. I still have MP3 downloader on the phone, so I do a little testing to see if this does it or not.

Cerridwen523

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I also downloaded MP3 last week. I Uninstalled it, restarted my phone, then immediately went to all of my settings (apps and Internet) and cleared out all cache and history, and restarted my phone again. So far it has not popped back up since I did this last night. We shall see.
I also reported the website. I am sure everyone reporting can't hurt.

AlexTheLycan

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I too am having this same issue. I recently downloaded MP3 downloader also and it appears that a second one downloaded without my knowledge of it. This could be the source of the issue. I had the app for a few days and then the second one just randomly appeared. I have deleted both applications and I will keep you up to date if any progress has been made.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Would suggest that you download & run "Malwarebytes" app from Play Store (get the free version), if that doesn't find the bad app & remove the problem, than I would go to their website or possibly CNET security forums for other possible fixes.

wackynaturelady

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have an S3. I also installed an MP3 downloader a few weeks ago and I'm having the same issue. I just uninstalled it. I am backing up all my stuff and I'm going to reset the phone to factory settings if it happens again.

skrk

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I too have had the annoying pop up ad for a few days. It takes me to the internet browser that came on the phone to the same website. Most times Im not doing nothing and it goes to it. I also, have had a m3 music downloader. I've removed several of apps on my galaxy s3 phone, tried numerous antivirus apps, maleware bytes, air push detector, clearing caches on most apps and internet, deleted history and cookies... nothing has helped, it continues to take me to the preselected screen every couple of hours

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have an update for myself. I did not uninstall MP3 Downloader because I've had this product on my other mobile device without issue. I did, however, uninstall the last five applications that I installed prior to my experience with this malware. I uninstalled Life Reminders (Donate), Outlook (which I trust but found inferior to Avast Premium), Mobile Security & Antivirus by ESET (which I found to be inferior to Avast Premium), Antivirus & Mobile Security by Trustlook (which I found to be inferior to Avast Premium), and TextSecure Private Messenger. I suspect Life Reminders and TextSecure. I do not suspect any of the antivirus applications. I uninstalled them only because I elected to make Avast Premium my product of choice.

I uninstalled TextSecure yesterday afternoon and have not had a single malware event since and I believe it may have contributed to the mischief.

I hope this has been helpful. Compare my list with your list of recently installed applications.

Mary Lee2

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I uninstalled mp3 downloader yesterday and no problems since. I noticed when I used it last it had an "update" and it dropped another icon on my homescreen. The pop ups started after that.

rushlover2112

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same problem but when I ran Malwarebytes it found this program was causing it. Music paradise pro. Author: Official mp3 LLC. Removed and cleaned, ran my avast and advanced system care and have had zero problems since.

Angelo Theoharis

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
just out of curiosity... did you recently download a mcdonalds app? I just had the same problem and found this forum after doing a search about it. after reading several posts I decided to uninstall the last 2 apps I had downloaded. One of which was a mcdonalds app. (for the life of me I cant remember the other one) But after deleting them both the problem has seized!

Tianna4

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Please help! I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 and the last 2 or 3 days I've had this Internet Explorer page pop up from **website removed**. The page looks like a screen shot of a Facebook page. It says I've been selected for a Special deal and has a ticker counting down the time before the deal ends. I can't make it stop popping up. I never click on anything but just close the page out. I checked Facebook and there is no page for this site. My virus protection keeps saying I'm safe but I don't think I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

looptids

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Had same issue. Tried antivirus, malware , all that. Didn't work. Started removing downloaded apps one by one. Noticed Simple MP3 music downloader had installed twice. Removed both, haven't had any issues since. Hope this helps

grateful one here

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to thank all of you who posted to this forum. I've been having the same problem with the pop up ads everyday for the past few weeks. It was driving me crazy and I considered getting rid of my cellphone and buying a new one. I have had the mp3 app for a couple of years so I never even considered that it could be the problem until reading your posts. I then remembered an update to the app around the time this problem started. I uninstalled the mp3 downloader and the problem was solved. Thank you all again, I'm truly grateful.

alyssam812

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have been experiencing this for what seems like months. A facebook popup while I'm in the middle of something...and what really freaks me out is this popup make my phone vibrate...as if someone is calling me. I'm constantly deleting files that have sketchy names, clearing my cache, running a scan with lookout, etc. Nothng. I didn't install mp3 downloader but i did install music paradise pro and star music tag editor. Should I delete these apps?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing this for what seems like months. A facebook popup while I'm in the middle of something...and what really freaks me out is this popup make my phone vibrate...as if someone is calling me. I'm constantly deleting files that have sketchy names, clearing my cache, running a scan with lookout, etc. Nothng. I didn't install mp3 downloader but i did install music paradise pro and star music tag editor. Should I delete these apps?

What kind of Facebook pop up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21