Why does my outgoing text message repeat

Figaro14

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It was driving me nuts. Whenever I used my voice recognition to text, regardless of whether it was with the main text message function or any apps that also text, the phone would retype the message a second time and I would constantly have to delete it. I looked and looked at every conceivable setting and finally stumbled onto the problem. Go to settings and then go to Language and Input. Under "Language and Input" Under the heading "Speech" tap on "TEXT TO SPEECH OPTIONS." I bet what you find is that you have SAMSUNG TEXT TO SPEECH selected instead of Google Text-to-Speech. Samsung comes with the phone but as soon as you add any Google services, you also added Google text to speech. These are in conflict and both are trying to work at the same time. Make certain that Google-text-to-speech is selected and Samsung text-to-speech is deselected. Problem will be solved.

MsRendrag

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus Pro phone. 90% of the time, whether I type a text or use voice to text, my text messages are duplicating. If I need to send another text to the same person right away I actually have to delete all those duplicated words in order to start with a blank message.

I recently discovered a number of friends are having this same problem. Different devices, different carriers, only thing in common is ANDROID. I've noticed on some other forums that Android's response is always to blame the device or carrier. Hey ANDROID, time to fess up. What the heck is wrong with your service?????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar