Is there a way I can get notified whenever someone replies to my posts?

Amy Furlong

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way I can get notified whenever someone replies to my posts

I want to be notified whenever someone replies to a post I started or also to one say I replied to in someone else's post.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a way I can get notified whenever someone replies to my posts

On the main AC forums website, when you subscribe to a thread, it will ask you what Notification Type you want. Select Instant Notification by Email.

For existing subscribed threads, click on the Subscribed button under your username, then check the checkbox next to the subscribed thread you want to edit, click on the Subscribed Threads dropdown menu, and change the Subscription Type there.

Amy Furlong

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Can I do that on the phone or just on the PC? I see on the phone I can select subscribe but it just subscribes it doesn't ask what notification type.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If someone replied to you directly by quoting your post, you will only see quoted on the website (pc or phone browser).

The Android Central app has a Participated list, and any unread post/s in a thread will show in bold.

I don't like emails for everything, I'm sure B. Diddy and Rukbat don't, they would run out of space.

I find Subscribed alerts me to new posts in threads I am interested in, and checked, even though I may not have participated.

The Tapatalk app can give you notification alerts on your device, and their new Subscribed system with yellow stars and corners and blue alerts works well, even though we were all crying when they changed it.

As well as the Android Central app and Tapatalk, there is the AC Forums app which is Tapatalk based.

You would need to set up a separate Tapatalk account login for that multi forum app, then sign in to Android Central once.
I use the Android Central app mostly to read the blogs/articles.

25c1beae16a2be987e47903fb96cefc1.jpg
e5492cba7afd96e9bd68c1799788c420.jpg
e6cac77fb5defa63cfeb2f0f5a5ad501.jpg
4725ad2d7f3a6b0ff2e9e1a46a92a8ac.jpg
9994f349164d3e4114e00e41bc73d235.jpg

Android Central prefer to advocate the AC apps, but just spreading the love.