A little water in nexus 6 charging port?? please help

A

AC Question

So i just purchased a used nexus 6 on criagslist in mint condition. and now it was sticking a little out of my pocket as i was washing my hands some water got on the buttom and some might have gotten in the charging port im pretty sure. so i shined in the port it looked wet. a little might have gotten in somewhere else as it was some large drops. help me please my parents are gonna kill me if its gonna break

BUT the phone still works 100% and i have charged it with turbo charger and it worked fine and im not 100% sure theres something in the port. and maybe a little spit from when i blowed on it thx :(

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So i just purchased a used nexus 6 on criagslist in mint condition. and now it was sticking a little out of my pocket as i was washing my hands some water got on the buttom and some might have gotten in the charging port im pretty sure. so i shined in the port it looked wet. a little might have gotten in somewhere else as it was some large drops. help me please my parents are gonna kill me if its gonna break

BUT the phone still works 100% and i have charged it with turbo charger and it worked fine and im not 100% sure theres something in the port. and maybe a little spit from when i blowed on it thx :(

I wouldn't worry about it too much - The Nexus 6 is water resistant, not to be confused with water proof. That being said, the Nexus 6 can take a couple of splashes of water. Just go onto YouTube and see some of the "Water resistant" videos on the Nexus 6.

Also if the charging port ever decides to break, the phone offers wireless charging :)

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
A little drip of water isn't going to hurt most electronics. If you seriously soaked it then that's an issue.

The best thing to do if this happens again in the future to where you are concerned is turn the phone off and let it dry out, but really unless it gets wet to the point of turning off on its own I wouldn't worry about it.