I use my local service provider for my email and it is set up. It worked and all of a sudden somehow when i went into the sync setting under sync email it now tells me master sync has been turned off and i cannot figure out how to turn it back on. Would appreciate any help.....thank you!
    03-11-2015 10:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Swipe down your notification panel--you should have a Sync toggle in the Quick Settings along the top. If you don't see it, swipe down with two fingers, and all of your Quick Settings should show up.
    PapaBrett likes this.
    03-12-2015 12:29 PM
    OH MY GOODNESS!
    I wish I had found this about 5 hours ago... turns out my 1 year old made an important change on my phone about 2 weeks ago. Took me until today to have the time to troubleshoot why my calendar and email were not syncing. I thought it was due to an update, and have spent several hours uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting and trying again.

Yep, the 1 year old found the quick setting... and I didn't.
    Thanks for your answer, and for finally fixing all the little issues that were left.

Problem solved!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-21-2015 01:39 AM
    Since I do not have a 1 year old I am wondering how mine got switched off. I think it is more likely your first scenario and it is some update causing the trouble. The verbiage on the control is ambiguous in that the check indicates master sync is turned off and the unchecked indicates sync is off. Which one to use is my quandary.
    06-20-2016 11:59 AM
    i use my local service provider for my email and it is set up. It worked and all of a sudden somehow when i went into the sync setting under sync email it now tells me master sync has been turned off and i cannot figure out how to turn it back on. Would appreciate any help.....thank you!
    i use hotmail
    02-23-2017 11:21 PM