can't backup samsung Galaxy I9000 phone

A

AC Question

Installed samsung Kies on Windows 8 tablet but tablet doesn't recognise phone. Can't access google apps store to buy an app. Have been advised to reset phone to factory settings so I can access google apps store can't backup phone. Switched on usb debugging per youtube video recommendation but tablet still didn't recognise phone. No access to android tablet to back up phone. Would you please let me know if you can think of a way around this? All in all have spent a few days when hours spent searching for the solutions on various forum (windows, android, samsung) are totted up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So is the main problem that your phone can't access Google Play Store? Did this just start happening? Can you use other Google apps, like Gmail, Google Drive, etc.?

Is your Windows tablet running the full Windows 8.1, or is it RT? A Windows RT tablet might not have the functionality you're looking for.

nvg

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes thank you for getting back to me, my main problem is that I cannot access Google Apps on Galaxy GTI9000. It is my sister's old phone (she got upgraded). She tried to add me as a user but the phone would not recognise her password. She updated password on pc and tried again-still not recognised. We did it once more but no luck. She was not pleased and thinks I should reset phone and lose data.
I log into internet on phone and it sends me straight to my gmail and you tube but the phone apps won't work for this. The google apps store worked for my sister who downloaded a few apps.
Downloaded and installed Samsung kies twice on windows 8.1 32 bit tablet (had to download code to uninstall inbetween) but tablet won't recognise phone. I really need some time management apps for college but am dreading losing 2 years of photos, memos, appointments and contacts. This is the last chance saloon for me before resetting so was hoping for some suggestions.
Kind regards
nvg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I'm a little confused. This is your sister's phone, but you have 2 years of photos and other data on it? Have you been using it under her account? Any time one person gives their phone to another person, the original Google account should be removed completely, and then the new owner's Google account should be added. Removing the old account means all associated apps and data will be removed, because apps and data are associated with the account, not with the device. If you're having difficulty adding your own personal Google account to the phone, then the best thing to do is a factory reset, then go through the setup wizard again.

Also, does the tablet have full Windows 8.1, or does it have Windows RT 8.1? RT is much less functional than the full 8.1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance