Moto X lollipop excruciatingly slow WiFi

210prince

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
My WiFi on my Moto is monolithically slow since it hit lollipop (I have a 50 mb down speed on other phones I've had on this WiFi but my phone just hit 0.01 MBS down) anyone know what's going on with it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take the phone to your carrier and ask if they could please reflash the update. And if that doesn't fix it, if they could please make it work, since the phone was working before the update, so it's their problem. (The update is guaranteed from the date of the update, regardless of whether the phone is under warranty or not. If the phone is too old for the new version of Android [I've heard that one a few times], it's their fault for sending the update to the phone, so it's still their liability.)

210prince

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Its the pure edition (built in 2015), it came straight from Motorola. And immediately got lollipop, I've been spending some time trying to go through every setting but I can't find anything.

Sorry I probably should have included that at the start.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bodeanicus

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I was able to fix this on my router. Apparently, Lollipop doesn't like 5ghz and AES on some routers. I set the wireless security to WPA+WPA2, set the encryption to AES+TKIP, and set the frequency to 2.4ghz only (G.) Works correctly now. Good luck.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance