What do I need to Chromecast a PPTx with embedded media from an android tablet?

A

AC Question

Several questions:

I'm trying to work out a wireless solution for playing PPT's of songs for school assemblies, with music embedded (to play across all the slides) - and sometimes video too.

1. I want to chromecast from an android tablet. My current tablet won't cast its screen - am I right that I need Android 4.4+ to do this?

2. Has anyone any experience of the new MS PPT android app? I lose lots of formatting and the embedded media with Kingsoft - so that doesn't work for me.

3. Will casting the screen from a new, higher spec Tablet also play my sound? (ie the embedded MP3 media files)

4. Would it be better to do it from the web (saving to OneDrive and playing from Powerpoint Online)?

I am willing to buy a better spec of Tablet if option 3 will work (less risk of buffering delays if the internet connection is slow) - but don't want to splash out if it won't do what I want it to do!

5. IF buying a new android tablet is the best option, any advice for what works best with Chromecast (or what to avoid?)

Thank you!

bluedoorprep

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

It seems as though I am having similar struggles to you. Would love to know if you managed to figure this out?
I am trying to project lesson content developed in power point with embedded video and audio clips, from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8.0) with the new MS PPT Android app installed, connected to a DB Power LED-33 HD Home Theatre Projector with a high speed HDMI cable.

I am happy with the projected image and there is good fidelity to the original formatting of the slides, but unfortunately, so far, I have been unable to get either the embedded audio or video clips to play.

Am I better off using chromecast?

Meg