Can I really move apps to my SD Card Storage?

RichardsTech

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
SD Card Storage

I have a phone that can move apps and other items to the SD Card, when I move music, photos, etc... it really takes it straight from my phone to my SD Card, but when I move apps it dosent move them from my phone it kinda copys them. Can I really move the apps or just copy them?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD Card Storage

Hello. Some of the app data is moved, not all, and possibly many links set by the app to find the data on the card depending on how well the app is written and segmented, less is better, courtesy of AC Ambassador @Rukbat here.

If you remove the card, there will be ghost icons and those apps won't function unless you re-install. Some device storage is saved from some downloaded apps, but not the entire space.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD Card Storage

The app always appears to be on the phone, even if the entire app could be moved to the card, because Android looks on the phone for apps. It was never written to run apps from the card. (Where there would normally be a listing of where the app is on the phone, it now points to the card, but the listing has to remain on the phone, which makes it appear that the app is on the phone.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21