Why are my phone contacts deleting automatically?

A

AC Question

Phone contacts deleting automatically

When I add new contacts existing ones get deleted. E.g, if I hv contacts 1-50, when 51st is added I suspect the 1st gets deleted on its own. I realise later when I search for a saved contact n its missing... Help!!?? I hvnt synched contacts to my gmail...not wanting to...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone contacts deleting automatically

Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Are the contacts currently saving to the Phone account, or the SIM card? SIM cards don't have much space, so if you have a device that is allowing you to save contacts to the SIM card, don't expect to put a lot of contacts on there.

Any reason you don't want to save contacts to your Google account? Are you worried about privacy? The tradeoff is that if your contacts are only on your phone, and something happens to your phone, then they're gone. Contacts in your Google account are always safe in the cloud, and can be synced easily with any new device you log into.

AndyD14

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My wife is experiencing a similar issue. When she goes to look for a contacts number or email she discovers that it isn't there when it was there just a few moments earlier. She has hers backed up to Google and Verizon but resyncing the contacts doesn't help. Sometimes the contact info comes back and sometimes it doesn't. Even if it does come back it disappears again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800