Yesterday, the soft keys on my Samsung Galaxy S4 stopped working; they do not even light up. And then when I tried to charge my phone, it says, "Charging paused. Battery temperature too low."

I have not done anything to tamper with the battery. I have had it for about a year. I have cleared the system cache, rebooted, tried to warm the battery via body heat/internal apps, but that did not work. I have read other forums and they recommend replacing the USB charging port with the microphone flex cable and replacing the 2600 mAh battery. Is the route I need to take? Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!
    03-15-2015 09:32 AM
    Unless you've worked inside cellphones before, working inside the phone isn't the route you should take, it's the route you should stay away from. (It takes training before you can open a cellphone, repair something and close it up - without breaking something else in the process.)

If the phone is under a year old (to the day), bring it to the carrier and ask them to please fix it. If it's over a year old and you have insurance, ask for a replacement under the insurance. If you have no insurance, ask around to find a reliable repair shop and have them check the phone out.
    03-15-2015 02:11 PM