Why couldn't I access internet when my partner sitting next to me with the same phone could?

A

AC Question

Happened while traveling on Interstate 84 in CT. I couldn't access Maps app and he could. Same phone! Same provider (VirginMobile).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If your phone did get internet at some point afterwards, might have been a network glitch or just your phone needing to reboot (when something 'weird' like that happens, it helps to re-connect to the network, which I usually do by going into airplane mode and then getting out of it, instead of rebooting).

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How often does this occur? It could be a sign that your phone's radios are faulty. It might be worth trying things out in a few tests to see if it is just an odd occurance or if one phone is always getting a weaker signal than the other.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Download an app like LTE Discovery on both phones. Load it up and look at the signal strength... put them side by side in a few different places, where you know there is a strong and weak signal, etc.. If one phone is always showing a weaker signal, it might have a wonky radio chip and need to be replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs